Dare ProtoPlay 2009
In 2009 it was held on 14-16 August at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre and showcased the 14 new games created by the Dare teams.
The event attracted over 3,000 visitors from all ages. Asides from showcasing the 14 new games, it also incorporated "FIGMENT", a festival time celebration of video games and interactive entertainment. At this year's ProtoPlay you could:
- Play Denki's brand new Xbox Live Arcade game Quarrel.
- Try out as a reporter by reviewing your favourite video game on screen.
- Preview the first Dare game to be released on IPhone by Abertay University, Ctrl_D and Digital Goldfish.
- Watch one of last year's games accompanied by a short animation and the music of the Scottish Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Try your hand at the BAFTA award winning games Ragnarawk and Boro-Toro.
- Attend career workshops in association with BAFTA.
- Learn how game development tools can be used in the classroom with 'Games Unpacked'.
- Find out about the exciting interactive projects being developed by four PhD students from Abertay University.
- Create music with Wacom pen tablets (yes - Wacom tablets!).
- Build your fantasy team in the Football Manager relay.
- Be a junior judge, where 6-13 year olds could help judge the 14 games.